Saturday, April 14, 2012

Fan Reporting for BUBBA Burger at RIR

Hey Race Fans I have some pretty cool news to share with you this week. I've been invited to do my Fan's Reporter Interviews and Videos for BUBBA Burger at this Springs NASCAR Race at Richmond International Raceway. This is going to be great as we will be down on Pit Road with the JTG Doughty #47 Team and NASCAR Champion Driver Bobby Labonte. What a great honor it will be to maybe interview the Driver that took the new Joe Gibbs Racing Team and the #18 to their first Championship.

So what am I doing now? HOMEWORK. Yup I'll be reading up on the somewhat new JTG Doughty Team and also Bobby Labonte as I want to have some great questions. Race Fans have different questions then Race Reporters so I'll be looking for the questions Bobby and the Team will want to answer for Fans. If you have a question for Bobby or the Team send it to me and if I use it in my interviews you'll win a free something!

I've never worked with a company or group of guys more fun then the folks at BUBBA Burger. They have made me feel like family and been kind to me from the moment we met. Hey that reminds me of that very first meeting when I actually got to meet and interview Walter "BUBBA" Eaves the founder and inventor of the BUBBA Burger. This has always been my most memorable and treasured interview and it's because of the unexpected.

Let me set this up. Myself and Jimmy Joe Ball were invited by BUBBA Burger into the Hospitality area for some BUBBA Burgers and you guessed it cold beers. I was introduced to Mr Eaves and after a few minutes of small talk I asked to shoot a 1 minute videos. That went well but Jimmy kept the camera rolling as Fan's wanted to get our picture of Bubba and me. SO like two old boys will do we kept talking.


Jimmy Joe Ball saw that something magical was happening and thank goodness he turned the video back on and caught this. Just two proud Marines from different generations humbly talking about their service. I will never, ever forget what a true honor it was to spend such wonderful time with this great American.


So will I be working very hard for my friends at BUBBA Burger and especially for that man Mr. Walter BUBBA Eaves. Thanks guys and I won't let you down!

You'll Never bite a better burger than a BUBBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment